Aberdeen, located on the northeast coast of Scotland, is known for its rich seafood culture. With its close proximity to the North Sea, the region boasts a wide variety of fresh seafood, including salmon, haddock, mackerel, and shellfish like mussels, oysters, and scallops. In this article, we’ll explore some of the best places to have a seafood experience in Aberdeen.
- The Silver Darling The Silver Darling, located at the Pocra Quay in Aberdeen Harbour, is one of the most renowned seafood restaurants in Aberdeen. It offers a breathtaking view of the harbor, and the restaurant’s seafood is sourced from the nearby fishing boats, ensuring that the food is always fresh. The restaurant’s menu changes frequently to reflect the seasons, but you can always find a selection of locally-sourced seafood dishes like Shetland mussels, smoked salmon, and North Sea hake.
- The Bay Fish & Chips The Bay Fish & Chips is a casual seafood restaurant that is located in Stonehaven, a small coastal town about 15 miles south of Aberdeen. The restaurant is renowned for its fish and chips, which are made with the freshest fish that is caught daily from the nearby port. The Bay Fish & Chips also serves other seafood dishes like grilled salmon, battered haddock, and fishcakes.
- The Ship Inn Located in Stonehaven, The Ship Inn is a traditional pub that serves fresh seafood and locally brewed beer. The pub has a nautical theme, and its menu includes classic Scottish dishes like Cullen Skink and smoked salmon, as well as other seafood options like mussels, scallops, and prawns.
- The Seafood Bothy The Seafood Bothy is a small seafood shack located in the picturesque village of Footdee, also known as “Fittie.” The restaurant serves a variety of seafood dishes, including crab, lobster, and langoustines, which are caught daily from the nearby waters. The Seafood Bothy is a popular spot for a quick lunch or snack, and its seafood chowder is a must-try.
- The Silver Darling’s Fishmarket Restaurant The Silver Darling’s Fishmarket Restaurant is located in the heart of Aberdeen’s Fish Market and is known for its fresh seafood and bustling atmosphere. The restaurant’s menu includes a variety of seafood dishes, including crab, lobster, and langoustines, which are all sourced from the local waters. The Fishmarket Restaurant also serves dishes like smoked salmon and fishcakes, as well as a selection of vegetarian options.
- The Cock and Bull The Cock and Bull, located in Balmedie, is a gastropub that offers a variety of seafood dishes, including mussels, scallops, and North Sea hake. The pub’s menu also includes classic Scottish dishes like Cullen Skink and haggis, as well as vegetarian options. The Cock and Bull has a cozy atmosphere, making it a great spot for a casual seafood dinner.
- The Creel Inn Located in the picturesque fishing village of Catterline, The Creel Inn is a seafood restaurant that offers a variety of fresh seafood dishes, including lobster, crab, and scallops. The restaurant’s menu changes regularly to reflect the season and the availability of the seafood. The Creel Inn is known for its stunning views of the North Sea, making it a great spot for a romantic seafood dinner.
In conclusion, Aberdeen is a seafood lover’s paradise, offering a wide variety of fresh seafood dishes that are sure to satisfy even the most discerning palate. Whether you’re looking for a fine dining experience or a casual meal, Aberdeen’s seafood restaurants are sure to impress.